Noosa Strade Bianche is the premier vintage cycling event in Australia for steel framed bicycles and is held in picturesque Noosa and hinterland every year.
Gourmet refresher treats, a show and shine bike show and celebrations are held at the Noosa Marina in Tewantin throughout Saturday.
Our community recognises these spaces for their cultural and spiritual significance and heritage from the Kabi-Kabi (or Gubbi Gubbi) Aboriginal people who were the original inhabitants of the Noosa hinterland. Inclusion in today’s culture and respect of past are two important values the Strade Bianche team fosters in their organisational principles.
Noosa Strade Bianche emphasis is on community service. Our programs support many people who needs our help. Our members are ordinary people doing extraordinary things like supporting people with a disability, assisting in the community and fundraising for worthwhile causes.
Our community faces many challenges and opportunities. Due to their direct impact on us and our stakeholders we have prioritized the following issues that need to be addressed: bike rider safety, Driver education, accessibility, community fund raising and financial solvency.
Our Commitment & Scope
Our attention to environmental, social and economic responsibility includes working within the law and voluntarily exceeding legal requirements in order to be innovative and demonstrate leadership on the issues that are important to us and our stakeholders. As we design experiences, execute events and evaluate our success we are able to choose every day in big and small ways how our actions and words build a better quality of life for our community, event participants and suppliers.
We commit to:
- Minimize environmental impacts in the areas of energy, water and waste.
Our waste will be recorded in tonnes and show landfill, recycling and compost weights.
- Ensure our supply chain has responsible social and environmental practices including the goal of being a Plastic Free Event. This year, we will aim towards becoming a Plastic Free Event, eliminating single use plastic throughout the Marina. This will require working with our vendors to reduce all plastic use where possible in and educating our patrons in our 3 waste stream bin stations. We understand the limitations we have to adhere to food safety and hygiene matters when it comes to kitchens and dining service and will work with our restaurants, cafes and bars to provide eco-alternative options whenever we can. We will ensure Noosa Marina is single use plastic water bottle free during the event.
Our Goal is that 80% or more vendors at the Marina meet the minimum Plastic Free sustainability guidelines: of no single use plastic water bottles or plastic bags.
- Create innovative approaches to minimize negative environmental impacts, improve economic bottom lines and integrate the social elements in delivering the message eg. Waste Warrior and bin stations and introduction of refundable container scheme for community funds.
Number of sustainability innovations introduced for client projects: 1. Compostable cups. 2. Ensure no plastic use water bottles used. 3. Provide 3 x waste stream bin stations including composting. 4. Provide free refill water station (Unity Water). 5. Train community volunteers to be Waste Warriors.
- We will benchmark in 2019 our usage and production of energy, water and waste.
- Each year we will create targets to reduce usage and production of all 3.
Noosa Strade Bianche is committed to continually improve its environmental and social sustainability performance and will benchmark its energy, water and waste consumption, production and savings annually.